- Upside of Irrationality: Chapter 2, Dan @ Dan Ariely:
Here I discuss Chapter 2 from Upside of Irrationality, The Meaning of Labor: What Legos Can Teach Us about the Joy of Work.
- Why Climate Change Requires A Consciousness Change- by Futurist Duane Elgin, Robin Wood @ R2 Global Meshwork:
Einstein famously said that we cannot solve problems with…
- Faulty Intelligence – By Joshua Rovner, Team @ Foreign Policy:
David Petraeus will be the next CIA chief. But is he the right man for the job?
- Jet-Skiing in the Triangle of Death – By Emma Sky, Team @ Foreign Policy:
A former advisor to the U.S. commanding general in Iraq returns to Baghdad as a tourist and eats, chats, and listens to locals cover the Bee Gees, while pondering the country’s future.
- The Things They Carried: The Tahrir Square Irregular, MAX STRASSER @ Foreign Policy:
Hazem Marghany, a 25-year-old architect, spent 18 days in Cairo’s Tahrir Square during the revolution and has come back every Friday since. Here’s what he packs in his black Adidas laptop bag.
Posts Tagged ‘Dan Ariely’
- Reforesting the Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest through Stimulating Beverages & Human Wellbeing, Robin Wood @ R2 Global Meshwork:
This is a lovely story which seems almost too good to be true- but it is real, trust me!
- How we view people with medical labels?, Dan Ariely @ Dan Ariely:
A few weeks ago we conducted an online study on this question (the link to the survey was the “Click to participate” on the right side of the screen), and I wanted to thank the participants and tell you a bit about what we found. In this study all the …
- Biodiversity- the Next Environmental Issue for Business?, Robin Wood @ R2 Global Meshwork:
As with climate change a few years ago, executives are now beginning to…
- And the Future of Sustainable Aviation?, Robin Wood @ R2 Global Meshwork:
The BBC tracks down some experts on what a sustainable aviation future might look like
- Help Stop the Epidemic of Mindlessness- Living Mindfully and Conscious Evolution, Robin Wood @ R2 Global Meshwork:
- Why we care? The Gulf & the Amazon, Dan Ariely @ Dan Ariely:
There are a few topics that Mother Teresa and Joseph Stalin agreed on, other than the cause for human apathy. So I suspect that both would be surprised – as I am — about the reaction to the BP oil spill. If six months ago someone were to describe to …
- Behavioral finance lesson – frequent flyer points?, Dan Ariely @ Dan Ariely:
Here is an email that I got last week from a financial planner: Dear Dan. My hourly model lets clients use whatever retail custodian they like. For various reasons, I tend to recommend the two best as Vanguard and Fidelity. I go over the pros and the cons …
- 20th July 2010: Advice to a Young Researcher 1, Alex @ Alex Burns:
I have mid-term and long-term goals for your personal ‘program of research’. This may involve multiple streams of research, collaborative projects, forming national and international teams, and building the reputation and status of your field and discipline. A mid-term goal may be three to five years away whilst a long-term …
- Role Model for Sustainable Living in the Corporate World: Carrie Freeman, Robin Wood @ R2 Global Meshwork:
Can a young woman make a difference in an 80,000-employee strong male-dominated IT multinational corporation with offices in 150 countries? Carrie Freeman never imagined spearheading a Sustainability Program at the largest semi-conductor manufacturing company in the world. However, she did know early on, growing up in Cortez, Colorado…